Friday 6 February 2015

Skin care routine

As long as I can remember I always had big issues with my skin. I never had clear or smooth skin and I hated it. I was very insecure about it in my teenage years and I still have my days where I just want to hide my skin. I did try out every drugstore brand you can possibly think of. Nothing worked for my skin.
I heard a lot of good things about the brand clinique but I could never bring myself to try it out, because it is quite expensive.
After I came back from London, the first time I stayed there for a few months my skin got even worse and I convinced myself that its time to try it out. 
This was 6 months ago now. I got my skin analyzed and tried out the 3 step anti blemish program.
I have to say my skin felt better after just one week. My skin was smooth and my blemishes didn't hurt anymore.
After 2 months I finished the bottles and went to a clique stand again. They analyzed my skin again and recommended the 3 steps - skin care program. 
I would like to get into more detail about this program. 

The first Step is to cleans your skin with the Liquid facial soap 
 I use a face cleansing brush by braun with the soap. I am wetting the brush before applying the soap so my skin gets really smooth after removing the soap with warm water.

The second Step is to use the Clarifying lotion. I use a tiny amount of the lotion on a cotton ball and spread it all over my face.

The last step within this 3 step program is to moisturize your face with the dramatically different moisturizing gel. 

two times a week I will use the 7 day curb cream to have a maximum cleansing effect.
I also use the anti- blemish solutions oil- control cleansing mask once or twice a week.
I still have this mask when I started using the 3 step anti- blemish program and I absolutely love this face mask.

I have quite oily skin and I thought, like most people do that adding moisturizer only get my skin even more oily. This is not the truth. Even though your skin might be oily like mine is, it still needs moisture. To add moisture to my skin, I use the moisture surge extended thirst relief gel- creme every now and then.
This facial cream is sensational. you can almost feel your skin drinking it up ;)

When I do have blemishes which I still got, unfortunately. I´ll use the anti- blemish solutions clinical gel. You can apply it punctual or on a specific zone in your face. It can burn a bit when you apply it but it does really work. I only use it over night.

To give my eyes a bit of a treatment as well. I love to use the all about eyes treatment. It´s really smooth and you only need a tiny amount of it. 

I hope you find these tips and tricks useful. These once really did their magic with my skin and I can recommend clinique products by heart.

Love, Kim

1 comment:

  1. I have temperamental skin too, and I'm always worried about using more expensive skincare products in case they don't work/make my skin worse.

    Clinique has good reviews though so will have to give them a try.

    Eucerin are a good (yet expensive) range too. I have more details on my blog :) http://bit.ly/1MiDPgI

    - Lubna

    ReplyDelete